Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's day to all of our Haute Moms!
Today we take the time to thank you for all your shuttling, loving, scheduling, caring and cleaning that you do for us! I hope you have a lovely breakfast in bed or- as I did, take the fam' for coffee, breakfast and a leisurely stroll around the lake. Isn't it convenient to have a Starbucks and your favorite bakery right next door to each other? The kids munched their way through an organic milk and a muffin while I sipped my venti soy skinny cinnamon dulce leche and nibbled an egg, feta & spinach wrap. Then, hand and hand with handsome-hubby-dearest, we walked around the lake. As a special bonus treat, my handsome co-parent was on keeping-kids-out-of-the-lake-patrol. He did a brilliant job. Not a single soggy child when the adventure was through.


My family gave me wonderful gifts- a lovely self-potted sunflower from my kindergardner, home made bracelets from my school agers and a beautifully scribbled self portrait from my preschooler- and an adorable designer apron from the hubby made by Heavenly Hostess... Side note to save hubby's hide: I requested this gift. ***Note of warning to other fabulous husbands out there: NEVER buy your haute mama an apron (no matter how sexy) unless she asks for it by name.*** But isn't it adorable?- Eva Longoria wore this exact print on Desperate housewives. Note the figure flattering a line shape, designer (and reversible fabrics), cute contrasting pockets and beautifully ruched bust. I can just imagine the entertaining I will do with this! Heavenly Hostess even makes petite versions to suit mom and daughter cooking. FABULOUS! You can stop by and check out the Heavenly Hostess boutique, located in old town Orange at the Orange Circle, yourself. Let Cynthia, the owner, know Over the Top Productions sent you! Happy Mother's day gals. Enjoy!

No comments: