Friday, November 14, 2008

Baile Baio celebrates her 1st in classic style




Poodle skirts, pink Cadillacs and hula hoops were all part of the festivities at Bailey DeLuca Baio's 50's Sock Hop themed first birthday party held at the Braemar Country Club in Tarzana, Calif., and delighted the guests with an ice cream float bar and hula hoop activities.

Guests were greeted with a pink and black balloon entrance and 50's themed photo stand ups.

Mom helps Bailey with her party hat. Her outfit was custom-designed by Servane Barrau. The satin shirt and skirt set included a scarf and tulle underskirt, and was adorned with 50's icons: poodle, guitar, dice and record appliques. The dice were finished off with teal-colored buttons.



The pink Cadillac cake was designed by Jill Phillips of Jill's Cake Creations in Santa Clarita, Calif was handcrafted with fondant and included real working tail lights.

11 comments:

Mark Mysterrio said...

I'll never forget many years ago I walked into a party and they had 50's music playing and a friend of mine who was in a famous 50's era band (I can not tell you his name) called me on my cell phone just seconds before the party. As I was putting my phone away the girl asked me, "Who was on the phone Mr. Mysterrio" and I said to the girl it was (name) from the 50's group (name) and she said oh wow. I did her party every year and each year she grew a bit older...At her 16th birthday I was invited back, I called my friend and he sang to her over my cell phone...Happy birthday, Happy Birthday Baby...and the rest of this true story is rock and roll history.

Mark Mysterrio
The Party Expert,World Record Holder& Magician.
http://ultimatemagicshows.com/gift

Lura said...

I absolutely love the 50's theme. The cake is sooooooo cool!

Lura Barylski
http://inexpensivepartyideas.com/blog/

Party Su[pplies said...

Wow !
Nice party ..
Very great post .


Thanks,
birthday party theme

Something Nice For Kids said...

I just love the cake... absolutely gorgeous and original..

Something Nice For Kids said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi
I wanted to invite you to join the Cardstore.com affiliate program so that you can earn 10% Commission on every sale. Please sign up here http://pmg2.me/aFAXip

Sue said...

OMG! Your birthday theme party is really awesome and cool! My baby Anita's 1st birthday themed was Flintstones. Every child wore Flintstones' costume. I've expected a large number of visitors. My husband availed tent rentals. Sacramento, our hometown, has a lot of trustworthy tent rental services so it is easier for us to find those services.

Kids Party Planner said...

Great theme of birthday party. The cake is awesome!

Kids Party Planner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Party Planning said...

Amazing how simple it can be to communicate with people and have them understand a certain topic, you made my day.

Party Planner Los Angeles

John Edwards said...

Parties are a good to memorise the old days of the life or old trends. It gives you a kind of relaxation and give more comfortable feelings.kids birthday parties northern virginia